Friday, April 8, 2011

Getting to Old

My online presence has been...well, off lately. I apologize to my loyal fans (both of you ;) and have to beg infirmity. Getting old has its moments...senior moments, painfully stiff moments, achy joint moments...

I had the opportunity last weekend to update and certify my Tai Chi for Arthritis. It was wonderful to spend the day with so many tai chi players and so many levels of experience. I came away tired but feeling warm and limber. But have I had time to play since then? Well, not a lot. I do some with my students because it helps them learn to calm themselves and focus, improves balance and overall well-being, and lots of other wonderful side-effects. And it's fun for them and for me ;) But teaching is not the full routine or the calming and strengthening I need for my own achy joints, especially when I'm mostly working the same few beginning exercises.

*sigh* It's this changeable spring weather. My hand aches...then my elbow aches...then my knee gets into it...then they start getting together in different combinations. I now have a new set of fashion accessories to help: a pair of crafter's gloves and a brand new elbow support sleeve. Yay. But it's never going to go away completely. Arthritis is a fact of life I'll have to learn to live with.

But this getting to being old thing is for the birds. Yeah, that title isn't a typo - I'm getting towards old these days. I've been joking about it for years, but the achier I get the more I'm not feeling the funny, ya know? *sigh*

...ow...

2 comments:

Darci said...

No matter how many aches and pains I may have I just keep remembering the Lord is watching over me. (And there's no way I'm "getting too old" for anything) :-)

Common Sense Musician said...

CLARIFICATION POINT: read the last bit - it's not that I'm getting "too" old, it's that I'm getting there - old - it's a journey :D (I knew it would be confusing. Part of the fun ;)