Saturday, March 26, 2011

My Babies

As I mentioned previously, I'm going to be a grandmother this summer. Currently, my daughter is living with us while her husband is deployed. I'm sorry he's missing this part of her pregnancy, partly because no man should miss out on the months of crankiness and morning sickness, partly because no daddy should miss out on watching his first child growing...or his wife, for that matter. ;)
I watch her sleeping (she hates it when I take pictures of her sleeping, but I always have enjoyed doing that)and I remember her as a baby herself. Sometimes I can't believe that grown woman really is the same little girl that kept us up half the night and made us walk her for hours every evening for months. Her time is coming. My little one's little one has already done his/her fair share of making new momma miserable. Her husband helped her out: he sent her a wonderful pillow. 
The problem is that when I see her sleeping soundly in that pillow, I remember her in her carseat coming home from the hospital with a bumper around her. She's just bigger with a bigger bumper. Leachco Back 'N Belly - Contoured Body Pillow, Ivory 
The little one is going to be a pistol. How could it be otherwise? Grandparents are, parents are...if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it produces baby ducks.

No comments: